B4 Fellowship 2019/20
Starting Date: January 20, 2019
Duration: 18 months
Stipend: INR 195,000/month for 18 months. Health insurance and round-trip economy travel expenses to and from Boston will also be provided.
ABOUT THE FELLOWSHIP
Up to eight Science & Technology Fellowships for 2019-20 will be offered in fields related to the biosciences at Harvard University and other institutions in the Boston area. The Mittal institute will organize seminars at Harvard for Fellows to discuss their research with the broader community at the university and beyond.
Fellows are expected to reside in the Cambridge area and to actively participate in the events and intellectual life of the Institute. In addition, Fellows will contribute to the greater Harvard community by teaching, mentoring and advising students.
Scholars who have completed their PhD within the last five years from an institution in India in a bioscience-related field are eligible. Exceptional senior doctoral students, with demonstrable independence and maturity, may be considered. Applicants must be Indian citizens who are residing in India on Jan 20, 2019.
The applications will be scrutinised by an expert panel and the top eight applicants will be selected. The Mittal Institute aims to notify the selected applicants by late October.
These instructions apply to non-Harvard candidates ONLY.
1. Request an XID: https://xid.harvard.edu/xid-apps/displaySSCreateForm.do. You MUST do this in order to apply.
2. Follow the instructions on the email sent by the XID system. If you do not see it on your inbox, please check your spam folder.
3. Wait 24 hours after activating your XID, and then click here: https://carat.fas.harvard.edu/applicant/newApplication?applicationPurposeId=4&fundingSourceId=7146
4. Log in with your XID (you cannot use the “HarvardKey” option). You are now able to begin your B4 application.
Please note: Incomplete applications will not be considered. Do not write directly to Harvard faculty regarding the Fellowship and grant opportunities.
You will need to submit the following materials:
* Current curriculum vitae—listing your academic degrees (including disciplines and dates the degrees were received), your publications, research presentations, previous grants and/or fellowships, and any additional experience that shows scientific background and productivity.
* One-page Statement of Interest, describing how your participation will help advance your career.
* Recent academic transcript(s).
* Two letters of recommendation.
This program is a collaboration between IBAB (Bengaluru, India), IISER (Pune) and The Lakshmi Mittal and Family South Asia Institute (Harvard University, Cambridge, MA). It is funded by the Dept. of Biotechnology, Govt. of India.
Deadline: September 25, 2018
Recent B4 Fellows
Parvathi M. Sreekumar
Contact Savitha G. Ananth, Program Manager