Syed Babar Ali Fellowship
The Lakshmi Mittal and Family South Asia Institute is pleased to offer the Syed Babar Ali Fellowship to support recent PhDs, those in the final stages of their PhDs, and advanced professional degree holders in areas related to Pakistan. Priority will be given to candidates who demonstrate prior educational history that has taken place largely in Pakistan, and plan to return to Pakistan upon completion of the fellowship.
Fellows are expected to reside in the Cambridge vicinity during the academic semester of their award and to actively participate in the events and intellectual life of the Institute. The fellowship lasts for a duration of one academic semester (either the Fall or Spring). Applicants may indicate their preference through the application form down below. Participation includes contributing to the greater Harvard community by teaching, mentoring, or advising students.
Total stipend for one semester: $20,000
Health insurance up to $5,000 and round trip economy travel expenses from South Asia to Boston will also be provided (for participants residing in South Asia only).
All reimbursements and stipends are limited to the dates of the appointment.
Deadline: March 4, 2019
- Set up an XID Login to be able to access the Online Application. Please note that it may take a few hours for XID logins to become active.
- Visit and fill out the Online Application Form. When taken to the HarvardKey page, be sure to click the “XID” tab above the login fields to log in with your new XID information.
- Upload a five-page, double-spaced research plan to the Online Application Form.
- Upload an updated curriculum vitae, which lists your academic degrees (including disciplines and the dates the degrees were received), your publications and research presentations, and any previous grants and/or fellowships to the Online Application Form.
- Upload a writing sample (i.e. one dissertation chapter) to the Online Application Form.
- Two letters of recommendation should be emailed directly by recommenders to Selmon Rafey, Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline, with “Mittal Institute Pakistan Fellowships Recommendation” and the applicant’s name in the subject line.
Please note: incomplete applications will not be considered. Do not write directly to Harvard faculty regarding the Mittal Institute’s Fellowship opportunities. If you have questions, please consult our Frequently Asked Questions page or email Selmon Rafey, Program Coordinator, at email@example.com.