Arvind Raghunathan and Sribala Subramanian South Asia Visiting Fellowship
The Lakshmi Mittal South Asia Institute, Harvard University is pleased to offer the Arvind Raghunathan and Sribala Subramanian South Asia Visiting Fellowship (formerly known as South Asian Studies Fellowship) to support recent PhDs in the humanities and social sciences related to South Asia. Research topics can cover any period of South Asian history or contemporary South Asia. Candidates must be able to provide evidence of successful completion of their PhD by June of the year of appointment, and must have received their PhD within the past five years. Scholars who have not had past opportunities to access Harvard’s resources and who have primarily been educated at institutions in South Asia will be prioritized.
Fellows are expected to reside in the Cambridge vicinity during the academic year of their award and to actively participate in the events and intellectual life of the Institute. Participation includes contributing to the greater Harvard community by teaching, mentoring, or advising students.
Total stipend for one academic year: $40,000
Health insurance up to $5,000 and round-trip economy travel expenses from South Asia to Boston will also be provided (for participants residing in South Asia only).
All reimbursements and stipends are limited to the dates of the appointment.
Deadline: February 8, 2019
- Visit and fill out the Online Application Form.
- Fill out and upload the Mittal Institute Fellowship Cover Sheet to the Online Application Form.
- Upload a five-page, double-spaced research plan to the Online Application Form.
- Upload an updated curriculum vitae, which lists your academic degrees (including disciplines and the dates the degrees were received), your publications and research presentations, and any previous grants and/or fellowships to the Online Application Form.
- Upload a writing sample (i.e. one dissertation chapter) to the Online Application Form.
- Two letters of recommendation should be emailed directly by recommenders to Abanish Rizal, Assistant Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline, with “The Mittal Institute South Asia Visiting Fellowships Recommendation” and the applicant’s name in the subject line.
Please note: incomplete applications will not be considered. Do not write directly to Harvard faculty regarding The Mittal Institute’s Fellowship opportunities. If you have questions, please consult our Frequently Asked Questions page or email The Mittal Institute at email@example.com.
Arvind Raghunathan and Sribala Subramanian South Asia Visiting Fellows
Raile Rocky Ziipao
Graduate Student Associate, 2012-2013Profile