Raghunathan Family Fellowship
The Lakshmi Mittal and Family South Asia Institute, Harvard University is pleased to offer the Raghunathan Family Fellowship (formerly known as South Asian Studies Fellowship) to support recent PhDs in the humanities and social sciences related to South Asia. Research topics can cover any period of South Asian history or contemporary South Asia. Candidates must be able to provide evidence of successful completion of their PhD by June of the year of appointment, and must have received their PhD within the past five years. Scholars who have not had past opportunities to access Harvard’s resources and who have primarily been educated at institutions in South Asia will be prioritized.
Fellows are expected to reside in the Cambridge vicinity during the academic year of their award and to actively participate in the events and intellectual life of the Institute. Participation includes contributing to the greater Harvard community by teaching, mentoring, or advising students.
Total stipend for one academic year: $47,500
Health insurance up to $5,000 and round-trip economy travel expenses from South Asia to Boston will also be provided (for participants residing in South Asia only).
All reimbursements and stipends are limited to the dates of the appointment.
Deadline: March 4, 2019
- Set up an XID Login to be able to access the Online Application. Please note that it may take a few hours for XID logins to become active.
- Visit and fill out the Online Application Form. When taken to the HarvardKey page, be sure to click the “XID” tab above the login fields to log in with your new XID information.
- Upload a five-page, double-spaced research plan to the Online Application Form.
- Upload an updated curriculum vitae, which lists your academic degrees (including disciplines and the dates the degrees were received), your publications and research presentations, and any previous grants and/or fellowships to the Online Application Form.
- Upload a writing sample (i.e. one dissertation chapter) to the Online Application Form.
- Two letters of recommendation should be emailed directly by recommenders to Selmon Rafey, Program Coordinator, at email@example.com by the deadline, with “Mittal Institute Raghunathan Family Fellowship Recommendation” and the applicant’s name in the subject line.
Please note: incomplete applications will not be considered. Do not write directly to Harvard faculty regarding The Mittal Institute’s Fellowship opportunities. If you have questions, please consult our Frequently Asked Questions page or email Selmon Rafey, Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Raghunathan Family Fellows
Raile Rocky Ziipao
Graduate Student Associate, 2012-2013