Crossroads Emerging Leaders Program
Application Instructions and Program Eligibility
The first part of the Crossroads Program will be entirely online and open to all eligible applicants. The Online Program begins on September 9, 2019, and successful candidates will be granted a HarvardX certificate upon completion.
To be eligible for the Online Program, candidates:
- Must be between 18-24 years old.
- Must hold a passport or national document from a country in Central Asia, South Asia, the Middle East, Africa, Latin America, or the United States (note: any existing and official proof of nationality will suffice at this stage).
- Must be the first member of their family — or the first generation within their family — to attend university.
- Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate university program or a recent graduate from a university within the last three years.
- Must be facing challenges of financial and social circumstances.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Ensure you allow at least 48 hours to complete your application. It may take up to 24 hours to access your CARAT account once you have registered for your XID.
- If you do not have all the information available when you first create your XID, you can always come back to the application by logging in with the same details. You do not need to create a new profile or ID every time you log in. Please be sure to save your application information before closing the window.
First create an XID account through this link and follow the steps outlined in the email you will receive.
Then, using that XID, complete an online application through the CARAT login page. Ensure the XID tab is selected on the login page.
In CARAT, fill up the “My Profile” tab with your details. Click the “Other” button for Current Status; enter N/A when asked for “Visa Type” then click “Save My Changes” at the bottom of the page. Once your Profile is saved, click on the below button to complete your application to the Crossroads Emerging Leaders Program.
Please consult the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) page before reaching out to us with any questions. If you have any further questions, please direct them to email@example.com. Fill in all questions accurately and clearly. Only completed applications submitted by August 30, 2019 at 11:59 PM EST will be reviewed. Calculate the time difference between Harvard and your location here.
Deadline: Friday, August 30, 2019 at 11:59 PM EST
You can download more detailed application instructions here.
IN-PERSON DUBAI PROGRAM
Program dates: March 31, 2020 — April 5, 2020
Successful candidates from the Online Program will be invited to apply to the in-person experience held in Dubai and delivered by Harvard professors.
The in-person experience held in Dubai consists of a five-day Harvard classroom experience as part of a weeklong experience. Led by Harvard faculty, students will access curriculum that includes a combination of case studies, small discussion groups, discussion on potential career paths, and information on applying to Harvard throughout the sessions held in Dubai.
To apply to the in-person Dubai program, successful candidates from the Online Program will be asked to submit: a copy of and existing and valid passport (with at least seven months validity as of March 25, 2020), a one page resume, academic transcripts, a personal statement, two letters of recommendation and a recent passport photo.
Note: Candidates must reside in or be able to travel to an Air Arabia destination city at their own expense.