SAI offers graduate research grants are appropriate for language study, short-term projects, primarily to be used during the summer or short-term travel during the academic year. SAI grants must be used within the next academic year. Graduate students from across the university are welcome to apply, but must be continuing at Harvard the following academic year.
SAI Research Grants:
SAI research grants are available to Harvard Graduate Students across all disciplines for research, language study, or field work in South Asia.
Application Components for SAI Graduate Research Grants:
Applications components should be uploaded to the CARAT Graduate Summer Standard Application
- Completed CARAT Graduate Summer Standard Application
- 750-word proposal outlining your project
- One-page bibliography including annotations on your research topic (disregard for language study)
- A current resume/CV
- Current transcript (an unofficial printout is okay)
- Two letters of recommendation (uploaded to the CARAT system or your recommender can email them directly to email@example.com)
Please visit the SAI Funding FAQ page for important details on the application components.
For questions regarding the grant process, please contact Nora Maginn, firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: February 13, 2015
Applications components should all be uploaded to the CARAT system