“I remember first seeing her when I was a freshman at Kinnaird College, an all-women institution in Lahore, Pakistan. I sat at the very back of a large hall packed with young women waiting to hear the great Asma Jahangir speak. We sat in awe of her bravery and most of us were also afraid for her life.”
Tag : asma jahangir
- Winter Grant Applications for Students Now Open!
- The Mittal Institute’s 2019–2020 Visiting Artist Fellows
- Learn to Solve Social and Economic Problems in the Developing World this Fall with GENED 1011
- Fall Class: Contemporary Developing Countries — Entrepreneurial Solutions to Intractable Social & Economic Problems (GENED1011)
- India Prepares to Expand Its Major Health Digitization Program
alumni art arts asma jahangir berkeley capitalism corporate social responsibility development disaster management Dubai education entrepreneurship gender gender violence global health harvard HBS history humanities india kumbh mela Livelihood Creation Mahindra mariam chughtai mental health mit mobile technology nepal neuroscience pakistan Partition politics public health religion SAI science and technology social enterprise social science student voices tata urbanism urbanization water WEF young entrepreneurs