Udayan Care, 16/97-A, 1st Floor, Vikram Vihar, Lajpat Nagar IV, New Delhi – 110 024
Vision of the organization: To regenerate the rhythm of life of the disadvantaged.
Mission of the organization: A nurturing home for every orphaned child, an opportunity for higher education for every girl and for every adult, the dignity of self-reliance and the desire to give back to society.
Udayan is a Sanskrit word meaning ‘Eternal Sunshine’. Udayan Care is a New Delhi based voluntary organisation that is committed to sustainable social development through working with disadvantaged children and women. Udayan Care was founded in 1994 and it is engaged in providing long term residential homes, where children, who are orphaned or abandoned, can be nurtured in a simulated family environment from the age of 6-18 years; giving monetary and mentoring support to girls from weaker sections of society enabling them to continue higher education.
Udayan Care has spread its work for disadvantaged groups during the last 22 years by establishing more family homes, helping girls’ education, providing vocational training etc. To date, Udayan Care has nurtured over 15,000 young minds. This has been made possible only through the support of like-minded people, donors and partners who believed in Udayan Care’s work and mission.
Passion and zeal to contribute to the development sector. Excellent communication skills with an inherent ability to write. Good analytical skills and attention to details.
In general, the students should be strongly interested in the cause and show sensitivity to the cultural and social circumstances involved in working in India and in Udayan Care Home and different projects.
Udayan Care engages interns from different backgrounds and with varied skill set in its programs. We seek interns to support us in the following areas of our work:
1) Working with our Children : Considering the nature of our work it goes without saying that most of our children are facing significant traumas. Consequently there is a great need at our homes for programs and initiatives focused on building self-esteem and motivation, goal setting and dealing with traumatic experiences. We are looking for dedicated volunteers/interns with a passion for working with children and past experience in developing and facilitating such programs. Volunteers/Interns are needed to build individual capabilities and improving skills (for example, helping the children build self-confidence, their sense of belonging in the home, improve their English, helping with schoolwork or teaching the ARTs, Computers, other important life skills).
2) Research & Documentation (social, psychological, health, cognitive, etc.) of the children within the homes and propose ways to overcome deficiencies; research to find out the efficacy of our other programs; researching on any relevant topic, which can aid to our programs by bringing in different perspectives; help in strengthening evaluation and monitoring systems of our programs and producing reports.
3) Developing communications and other strategies to promote the work being done on child and youth care by Udayan Care and documentation of success stories for social media and other campaigns and thus assist in fund raising.
4) Capacity Building and strengthening systems within the organization for instance, aiding in developing management or IT systems within the organization; identifying training needs and developing programs for staff, HR management improvement.
5) Developing linkages, networking and funding proposals: developing, supporting and strengthening partnerships with other organizations and countries for volunteers and resources (for instance, developing ties between Udayan Care and other NGOs, universities and funding organizations, and corporate, and writing proposals for grants for direct costs as well as for capacity building of the staff and volunteers on these issues).
6) Advocacy and Policy Research: undertaking structured research and content development on various laws, policies and issues of Child and Youth Care (Alternative Care: foster care, adoption, institutional care, aftercare) in India and the other South Asian countries, and in the developed world; also undertaking activities to promote the academic journal of Udayan Care on Alternative Care; and assist in creating IEC material on the same.
Following your application and approval Udayan Care will assess your skills, knowledge and experience and identify the most appropriate match in the organization.
Internship/Volunteering duration and Working times: The duration of volunteering/internship and the working times will be disposed in base of students’ academic and personal needs and the kind of project they are involved in.
The volunteering/internship placement is an unpaid position.
Volunteers/interns are not required to pay any registration fee. If they decide to choose to stay in one of our accommodation, Udayan Care can provide a shared room in one of the homes of children (with vegetarian food included) paying a small donation of Rs.500/- per day (approximately 7 € or 8 $ per day). It will be the responsibility of the interns to extend their medical and life insurance to cover the period of their stay with Udayan Care, as well as to carry proof of such insurance. The cost of medical and life insurance shall be the personal responsibility of the intern or Home University. It will be the responsibility of the interns to acquire an appropriate Visa.
Throughout the volunteering/internship period, students are required to: pre arrival
- Fill the application form (Click here for the application Form)before arriving • Updated CV
- Passport Copy
- Criminal Background Check from Local Police
- Write a start-document defining the goals and the expected accomplishments Post Arrival
- Work Plan & weekly reports
- Final report
- Project Report
- Presentation of Work done
For Further Queries please feel free to visit our website www.udayancare.org Mail us at Volunteers@udayancare.org
Ms Shradha Agarwal, Volunteer Manager, Mobile: +91-9312238377, Mail: email@example.com