Crossroads Emerging Leaders ProgramTransforming the lives of low-income, first-in-family to college students.
Since its inauguration in 2017, the Crossroads Emerging Leaders Program (CELP) has transformed the lives of first-in-family college students globally by identifying and nurturing hidden talent to build cohorts of next-generation leaders.
By providing an array of educational resources, direct connections to Harvard faculty, mentorship opportunities, and affinity networks, CELP supports young people around the world in reimagining their academic and professional futures, fostering “success” through locally-grown, aspirational narratives.
Tarun Khanna, Jorge Paulo Lemann Professor, Harvard Business School; Director, The Lakshmi Mittal and Family South Asia Institute
Karim R. Lakhani, Charles E. Wilson Professor, Harvard Business School; Director, Laboratory for Innovation Science at Harvard (LISH)
Applications are open for the 2021 Crossroads Emerging Leaders Program! Apply by March 22, 2021.
The Crossroads Emerging Leaders Program cultivates a dynamic network of future leaders from underserved socioeconomic, racial, and cultural backgrounds spanning over 115 countries.
CELP’s multi-stage evaluation process offers a host of benefits to thousands of applicants. These include:
- Free access to HarvardX courses
- Machine-learning-based skills assessment and recommendations for improvement
- Live, interactive sessions featuring senior Harvard faculty from a range of disciplinary backgrounds
For semi-finalists and finalists:
- Mentorship opportunities with Harvard alumni and industry leaders
- Smaller peer group settings to discuss course material and academic affinities
- Access to paid or unpaid internships, locally, regionally, or internationally
- Access to mentorship for one year post-program
- Participation in an annual regional alumni event
- Intensive finalist program with case-study-based curricula
- Consideration for 1,500 USD student grant for internships or short courses in-region
- Competition for a 10,000 USD seed fund for innovative in-region initiatives
The ultimate aim of the program is to create a diverse pipeline of future graduate students at leading universities, such as Harvard, and a dynamic network of future leaders across an array of socioeconomic, racial, and cultural backgrounds.
Media and Resources
News and Media
Catch up on the latest developments in the Crossroads Emerging Leadership Program through news articles, as well as videos of past iterations of the program.
The Crossroads program was truly a life-changing experience for me. I had the opportunity to meet and network with professors, mentors, and students with unique experiences from across the world. The program provided me an exceptional opportunity to explore different career options. It also gave me the perfect platform to express my ideas and learn more about different countries and cultures.