Crossroads Emerging Leaders Program
The Crossroads Emerging Leaders Program was inaugurated in 2017 as a joint effort between the Harvard Business School Club of the GCC, HBS Professors Tarun Khanna and Karim Lakhani, and The Lakshmi Mittal and Family South Asia Institute at Harvard University.
The Program is a prestigious and a fully funded career development opportunity for students from across the world, who are the first member of their family—or the first generation within their family—to attend university and facing challenges of financial and social circumstances. Following a rigorous multi-stage evaluation process, exceptional students are selected from a diverse applicant pool to take part in this unique educational experience.
The ultimate aim of the Crossroads Program is to create a diverse pipeline of future graduate students at leading universities, such as Harvard, and future leaders from across an array of social-economic, racial and cultural backgrounds.
In 2020, the Crossroads Program expands to include more eligible countries and curated online sessions that will culminate in the weeklong Dubai experience held at Dubai International Financial Center’s Academy. Leading Harvard faculty members will teach an extensive and multi-disciplinary curriculum, that includes a combination of case studies, small discussion groups, discussion on potential career paths, and information on applying to Harvard.
The following sponsors and partners have been instrumental in the growth of The Crossroads Emerging Leaders Program: the Center for Middle Eastern Studies at Harvard, the Harvard University Center for African Studies, the David Rockefeller Center for Latin American Studies at Harvard University, Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC), Dubai Future Accelerators (DFA), Air Arabia, Chalhoub Group, Lootah Group, Orchid Gulf FZ, and Sisban Corporation.
- Location: Dubai International Financial Centre, Dubai
- Cost: FREE (The program will cover the costs of international travel from select locations, board, lodging, and class materials. Visa costs are the responsibility of selected candidates.)
- Application deadline: September 30, 2019 at 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time (EST)
- Program dates: March 31, 2020 — April 5, 2020
- Questions? Write to email@example.com.
- Tarun Khanna is the Jorge Paulo Lemann Professor at Harvard Business School and Director of the Lakshmi Mittal and Family South Asia Institute, Harvard University.
- Karim R. Lakhani is the Charles E. Wilson Professor of Business Administration at Harvard Business School, co-director of the Laboratory for Innovation Science at Harvard, and the faculty co-founder of the HBS Digital Initiative.