Communications and Outreach Manager
Location: Harvard Global India – The Lakshmi Mittal and Family South Asia Institute (LMSAI) New Delhi office
PLEASE NOTE: This will be an international position, based in Delhi, India, and employed by Harvard Global Research Support Center, India — an affiliate of Harvard University.
Duties & Responsibilities
Under the direction of the India Associate Country Director of LMSAI, the Communications and Outreach Manager will be responsible for following roles and responsibilities:
Content & Communication Material
- Envisioning and creating communication materials related to LMSAI programs operating out of India and South Asia, including posters, invites, articles, interviews, podcasts, and videos as per the established editorial standards for all platforms and media.
- Managing and uploading content about the different components of the Projects on the Mittal Institute website, managing the In-Region section of the Mittal Institute website and uploading Delhi office-based events, and managing the Delhi office social media handles.
- Coordinating the content calendar with the U.S. office Communications and Outreach Manager and contributing content on Delhi office programs and events to the weekly newsletter on a regular basis.
- Writing the In-Region section of the Mittal Institute’s Annual Report, which summarizes all activities of LMSAI’s Delhi office over the previous year.
- Strategizing with the Executive Director and Associate Country Director on ways to increase visibility of the LMSAI India office across the region.
- From time to time, the Communications and Outreach Manager will supervise interns assisting on large and small scale events hosted by the India office.
- Building relationships and networks with journalists across the country to share the work of the Institute.
- Drafting and disseminating press releases to highlight work under the projects and key programming events
- Conceptualizing columns and programs on relevant issues in South Asia for publication/broadcast on leading media platforms (print, audio-visual, radio, etc.) with involvement of Harvard faculty
- Liaising with journalists and scheduling interviews for guests and faculty and students for their work in India and South Asia, broadly.
- Assisting in planning and execution of communication outreach events held in India.
- Expanding the outreach database of the Institute by building new networks and identifying interested individuals/institutions
- The Communications and Outreach Manager will work with the corresponding position holder in LMSAI U.S. office to ensure coherence in the look and feel of the communications materials produced by both the offices of the Institute.
- She/he will work with the India Associate Country Director to develop and implement communication strategies on a continuous basis.
- Person in this position should be able to take charge of overall conceptualization and hands-on implementation of the communication needs of all projects implemented by the India office.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree.
- 5-7- years of related work experience.
Additional Qualifications and Skills
- Candidate must possess excellent English verbal, writing, and editing skills.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience working or studying overseas preferred.
- Candidate must work well in a team, enjoy working in a fast – paced environment, and have cultural and relational sensitivity.
- Must be able to prioritize projects and meet deadlines.
- Experience with social media in the workplace is desired.
- Should have excellent computer skills, including designing and maintaining the website.
- Experience with Adobe InDesign and/or Photoshop, WordPress, and Microsoft Office, is a must.
- The candidate must have permission to work in India.
Program Manager, Scienspur (Consultant)
Scienspur is a teaching platform committed to providing high quality education. The teaching at Scienspur is centered on problem solving and critical thinking. It involves identifying a problem, devising solutions and methods of implementation. We inculcate critical thinking and analytical skills in students. This approach (think-like-a-scientist) equips them with the skills to succeed in their professional career. We believe the learning at Scienspur along with the mentorship the instructors offer will create highly skilled professionals and innovators to tackle the important problems to help improve the society. Scienspur is an initiative of The Lakshmi Mittal & Family South Asia Institute at Harvard University.
As the Consultant Program Manager, the selected candidate:
- will have a key responsibility of engaging with students and instructors with active and effective electronic communication
- will be responsible for providing appropriate administrative and expert judgment and guidance to ensure quick and smooth preliminary screening of the applicants for the Scienspur courses
- will provide expert guidance and advice on course scheduling and merit review of the applicants on Harvard CARAT, an online application management system
- will provide critical review on the content including official documents, grant applications and budget
- will be responsible to design separate feedback forms to obtain feedback on the courses from students, teaching assistants and mentors
- will be responsible to coordinate with the mentors/instructors to ensure smooth scheduling of the classes in the courses and the required material for the classes
- will be coordinating with the student applicants on their enquiries before and during the commencement of courses
- Will be responsible for starting the online classes during the commencement of the course
- will be responsible to issue the course completion certificates to the students and certificates of appreciation to the mentors
- will be responsible for uploading the recorded videos of the online classes to the student portal
- is expected to generate reports on the completion of the courses after each semester
- will help the founders to secure additional funding for the future programs of Scienspur by putting together reports and grant applications
- will serve as a single point of contact locally for the Scienspur courses
- Should be well versed with social media communications
- Experience with program development, project management, student services or related field
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Master’s degree in life sciences with 2-4 years of relevant experience or PhD in life sciences with 0-1 years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize own work and multi-task.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment routinely and independently in making decisions.
- Demonstrated experience working independently and as part of a team.
- Relevant subject matter knowledge.
- Ability to direct the work of others, for jobs requiring supervision.
APPLICATION DEADLINE AND PROCEDURE:
Applicants should send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org before March 15th 2023, including a motivation letter and updated CV/resume with contact information of two references who can provide recommendations on their candidacy.
Climate and Programming Coordinator (Consultant)
New Delhi, India
The Lakshmi Mittal and Family South Asia Institute (Mittal Institute), Harvard University, New Delhi is looking for a Climate and Programming Coordinator (consultant) on a fixed term contract of consultancy for one year duration, with the possibility of renewal.
Scope of Work
The Consultant’s specific job duties and performance expectations shall include, but not be limited to:
- Leading development of events, conferences, seminars and other programs, related to Institute’s programs, including the one on climate change;
- Assisting in planning and execution of logistics to ensure successful implementation of various programming efforts;
- Coordinating and providing high-level logistical and administrative support for climate related and other projects both to faculty and their research teams from Harvard;
- Liaising with various stakeholders – including faculty, research assistants, Harvard administrators, local vendors etc. – to ensure support is provided as needed;
- Providing research support to faculty and their research teams.
- Master’s degree with 2-3 years of work experience, preferably in climate-related research/project coordination
Additional Qualifications and Skills
- Experience in an academic/research setting and close work in the field of climate change is strongly preferred.
- Must possess strong English and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and be able to multi-task independently or in a small team
- Positive and outgoing attitude.
- Experience with Adobe Suite and Microsoft Office, Adobe In Design, and knowledge of WordPress preferred.
- The candidate should be flexible to work with colleagues in different time zones
- Customer service orientation with excellent organizational, logistical, and time management capabilities.
- Ability to work independently with strong attention to detail and follow-through are essential, along with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work some nights and weekends required.
Application Process and Deadline
Submit your CV along with the cover letter to email@example.com by 20 February 2023
The Assistant Director position reports to the Institute’s Executive Director and will assume responsibility of the execution of existing programs and participate in the roll out of new programming, identified as priorities by the Executive Director. The Assistant Director position will participate in the development and implementation of Institute-wide initiatives, establishing a comprehensive promotional plan for events and programs and oversight of MI’s diversity and inclusion efforts. Positions reporting to the Assistant Director: Program Manager, Program and Administrative Coordinator and Communication Manager.
Provide oversight of events and programs in consultation with the Executive Director. Provide managerial support for student programs, events, communication, Visiting Fellows Program, affiliates programs, GSA program, Arts program, and other projects as they arise. Assist with programmatic budgeting process. Occasionally will travel to the region to assist project staff with the launch of new programs.
Manage program manager, program coordinator and communication manger and serve as their backup in their absence. Ensure coordination amongst team members; resolve complex problems; ensure monitoring and evaluation protocols followed for accountability and continuous improvement. Manage direct reports training, professional development and performance management.
Track and oversee administration of fellowships, ensuring that fellowships are within gift terms and that adequate events are planned to connect donors with fellows and alumni.
Manage end – to – end Faculty Grant processes including, RFP, grant application, grant review and grant award, in cooperation with the Director of Finance and Administration, India Associate Director and Harvard Global.
Manage ad hoc requests from faculty for programs, research and conferences.
Assist in the development of new programs, working within regulations from FAS and Harvard Global, which may include:
– management of the logistics and providing insight on MOU processing.
– assist with program rubric, logistics and connection with universities, non-profits or other entities situated in-region.
Organize meetings and provides high level support for Advisory Board and attends & serves as note-taker for the Steering Committee Organize meetings and provides high level support for Advisory Board and attends & serves as note-taker for the Steering Committee meetings.
Conducts research and analysis, and prepares presentations, memos, and reports as needed. Works collaboratively with MI’s staff and offices across the University to achieve project objectives.
Outreach and Community Engagement:
Work with the LMSAI Executive Director to lead strategy for outreach to MI community including donors, faculty and students. Connect donors to faculty in coordination with Executive Director. Connect with other departments proactively to plan join events and to spread knowledge of MI programming.
Facilitates the coordination of collaborative activities & events among and between the Institute’s programs, as well as with other Harvard depts/centers.
Advise and connect Harvard students with institutional partners in the region for internships, research, and language study.