Location: New Delhi, India
The Mittal Institute engages in interdisciplinary research to advance and deepen the understanding of critical issues in South Asia and the region’s relationship with the world. It holds regular events on issues relating to South Asia; offers fellowships and grants to further the study of the South Asian region; produces research and programs on social, economic, scientific, and political issues in South Asia; and much more. We are seeking a Communications Manager to handle content, communications, press relations, and event outreach in our New Delhi office.
Under the direction of the India Country Director of The Mittal Institute (MI), the Communications Manager will be responsible for the following broad roles under the Tata Trust funded Project:
Content & Communication Material
- Creating all communication materials related to the Tata Trusts funded projects – posters, invites, blogs, articles related to the program etc.
- Managing and uploading website content about the different components of the Projects on the Mittal Institute website and on social media handles.
- Building relationships and networks with journalists across the country to share the work of the Institute.
- Drafting and disseminating press releases to highlight work under each of the projects.
- Liaising with journalists and scheduling interviews for guests and faculty for their work in India.
- Assisting in planning and execution of communication outreach events held in India under the Tata Trust project.
The Communications Manager will also work with the Cambridge office Communications Manager to ensure coherence in the look and feel of the communications materials produced by both the offices of the Institute. The Communications Manager will work with the India Country Director to develop and implement communication strategies on a continuous basis. The Communications Manager should be able to take charge of overall conceptualization and hands-on implementation of the communication needs of the projects funded through the Tata grant.
- 3+ years of related experience
- Master’s degree preferred
- Experience with Adobe InDesign and/or Photoshop, Microsoft Office, and WordPress is a must
- Candidate must possess excellent English verbal and written communication skills, work well on a team, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, and have cultural and relational sensitivity
- Experience with social media in the workplace is desired
- Must be able to prioritize projects and meet deadlines, and have excellent computer skills, including designing and maintaining the website
- The candidate must have permission to work in India
Interested candidates should send a resume, two writing samples, and two samples of design work to email@example.com.