Job Opportunities at The Lakshmi Mittal South Asia Institute, Harvard University
Job Title: Program Coordinator
Location: Cambridge, MA
Duties & Responsibilities
- The program coordinator is responsible for all event logistics. Coordinate seminar series, conferences and other events including vendor logistics, visitor travel arrangements, space reservation, RSVP management. Work with the Assistant Director to manage staff assistant workflow
- Coordinate student grant and fellowship applications, including arrangement of information sessions twice a year, participate in the Harvard College Summer Opportunities Fair and serve as a point of contact for students. Oversee intake of applications and coordinate post-award processes
- Coordinate with communications manager for event outreach and publicity
- Connect with Undergraduate and Graduate student organizations and continue outreach throughout the year
- Coordinate with the Harvard International Office (HIO) and manage all visa applications for the Mittal Institute
- Work with the Assistant Director to manage student interns and graduate student assistants
- Provide frontline support for the Mittal Institute, including answering general phone line and emails
- Provide support for occasional evening events
- General Administrative support as needed
Three years of office experience required. Education beyond high school may count towards experience.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred. Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must enjoy multitasking.
- High level of organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Proficiency with PC computer skills and programs, including Microsoft suite, and willingness to learn other computer systems such as InDesign and data management systems as needed.
- Harvard experience and an interest in South Asia preferred.
- Experience with event management and/or working with student populations is favorable.
To apply visit https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/Home/Home?partnerid=25240&siteid=5341#home and search 46224BR.