In this webinar, the speakers will explore the many dimensions of caste discrimination in tech, from recruitment, hiring and workplace dynamics to sexual harassment and limited HR policies. They will also discuss the ways workers are addressing casteist workplaces and the larger movement to add caste as a protected category across the United States in the battle to end caste in the US.
- Thenmozhi Soundararajan, Executive Director, Equality Labs
- Maya Kamble, Ambedkar Association of North America
- Ajantha Subramanian, Professor of Anthropology and South Asian Studies at Harvard University, Author of Caste in Merit
- Sam Cornelius, Founder of Ambedkar International Center
- Sareeta Amrute, Research Director of Data and Society
- Anil Dash, CEO of Glitch and Technologist
This event is co-sponsored with Equality Labs, Co-worker.org, and Data and Society.