Live stream the talk on YouTube
12:30 am – 2:00 am EST / 11:00 am – 12:30 pm IST / 4:30 – 6:00 pm AEDT
The Nossal Institute For Global Health, University Of Melbourne, together with National Council of Applied Economic Research and Population Council India, have been implementing the study ‘Healthcare Seeking in four Indian states’ (the 4IS Study). This multi-method study, being conducted across eight districts across four states, explores the patterns of resort to healthcare, care-seeking pathways, and costs incurred amongst those suffering from chronic and acute illnesses. In this webinar, the 4IS study team will discuss the emerging findings from their analysis of existing datasets, a household survey amongst 2084 households across 4 districts in UP and Odisha (conducted in Nov 2020-Jan 2021), a qualitative inquiry: in-depth interviews with 64 persons in UP and Maharashtra; and a discreet choice experiment: In UP and Odisha.
- Barbara McPake, Director Of Nossal Institute And Chair Of Global Health, Melbourne School of Population and Global Health
- Arnab Mukherji, Professor, Public Policy, Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore
- Sumit Kane, Associate Professor and Principal Research Fellow, Melbourne School of Population and Global Health
- Devaki Nambiar, Program Head, Health Systems and Equity, George Institute for Global Health
- Poonam Gupta, Director General, National Council of Applied Economic Research
- Sapna Desai, Associate, Population Council
The Lancet Citizens’ Commission on Reimagining India’s Health System is an ambitious, cross-sectoral endeavor that aims to lay out a citizens’ roadmap to achieving universal health coverage for the people of India. Our new webinar series is intended to serve as a platform for public health discourse in India, and a means for academics, practitioners and the public to engage on substantive and timely issues regarding universal health coverage in India.