Livelihood Creation Webinar
Mukti Khaire, Cornell Tech
Shashank Shah, Harvard South Asia Institute
Professor Mukti Khaire and Dr. Shashank Shah will discuss learnings from six field projects in the Indian crafts sector, funded by Tata Trusts. The grants supported and enabled the implementation of social and technological innovations at:
1. Women Weave, Maheshwar, Madhya Pradesh
2. Kumaun Grameen Udyog, Kasiyalekh, Uttarakhand
3. Freeset Fabrics, Berhampore, West Bengal
4. Chitrika, Mandapeta, Andhra Pradesh
5. Craftizen Foundation, Bangalore, Karnataka
6. Raah Foundation, Jawhar, Maharashtra
The webinar will highlight organizational best practices and ground-level innovations for impact in the Indian crafts sector. It is for practitioners in the Indian handicrafts and handloom sectors. All those who are interested to know more about the current state of the sector and the immense potential it holds for rural livelihood creation would be most benefited.
This webinar is part of SAI’s Livelihood Creation Project with the Tata Trusts.