Workshop on Genomic Applications in Healthcare & Translational Research
December 10-23, 2017
The aim of this intensive workshop is to introduce highly talented Indian students to the emerging area of genomics and enable them to explore the power and excitement of Next Generation Sequencing technologies to address clinically relevant research questions. The workshop will train participants on the experimental aspects of genomic sequencing and computational analysis of sequencing data through didactic and research lectures and hands-on sessions.
Deadline: November 15, 2017
SAI aims to notify applicants by late November regarding decisions.
- Open to pre-doctoral, doctoral and post doctoral researchers in Life Sciences /Biotechnology / Bioinformatics / Computer Science, currently engaged in a relevant area of research
- Students currently enrolled in MBBS / M.Pharm programmes
- Exceptionally talented undergraduate students
The applications will be scrutinised by an international panel. A maximum of 25 participants can be accepted
Please look below for applications to apply to the genomics workshop.
You will need to submit the following materials:
- Upload an updated curriculum vitae—listing your academic degrees (including disciplines and dates the degrees were received), your publications, research presentations, previous grants and/or fellowships, and any additional experience that shows scientific background and productivity.
- One page Statement of Interest, describing how your participation in the workshop will help in the advancement of your career
- Recent academic transcript(s)
- Two letters of recommendation.
Applying to the B4 Genomics Workshop
These instructions apply to non-Harvard candidates ONLY. If you have any questions, please email Jee Soo Kang (firstname.lastname@example.org).
1. Request an XID: https://xid.harvard.edu/xid-apps/displaySSCreateForm.do You MUST do this in order to apply.
2. Login to the email that you provided when requesting an XID and follow the instructions on the email from the XID system. If you do not see it on your inbox, please check your spam folder. Please make sure to do this step before applying to the workshop through CARAT.
3. Please wait 24 hours after activating your XID before applying through CARAT at this link: https://apps2.registrar.fas.harvard.edu/carat/applicant/newApplication?applicationPurposeId=16&fundingSourceId=7083
4. Toggle to the “XID” Login Option instead of the “HarvardKey” Option and login with your XID.
5. You should be taken straight to the application page for the “B4 Genomics Workshop.” If you are not, search up “B4 Genomics” to look for the application.
Please note: Incomplete applications will not be considered. Do not write directly to Harvard faculty regarding SAI’s Fellowship and grant opportunities.