Applications for the 2023/2024 Academic Year will be open from June 1st-July 7th, 2023.
It is expected that GSAs will be on campus for the entire academic year of their fellowship to actively participate in the program. Graduate degree candidates from all Harvard academic departments and professional schools are eligible to apply. Preference will be given to Doctoral candidates.
Graduate Student Associate responsibilities include:
- Contribution to the MI community which may include attendance at public or internal events, mentorship of other GSAs, contribution to the academic community, or other methods of interest to GSAs
- Participation in GSA meetings and with research presentations by fellow GSAs
- Contribution to articles and publicity as requested by MI regarding current research and work
- Dissemination of public MI event announcements to academic networks
- Review of student grant applications to LMSAI for internship, research, or language study grant
Selection Criteria Include but are not limited to:
Selection of GSAs will be based on quality of their cover letter, the students demonstrated interest in Mittal Institute activities, and the goal of the Mittal Institute in supporting a diverse community of scholars. The GSAs are expected to be present on campus regularly (conditions permitting) to benefit from and contribute to the interdisciplinary research environment. Overall we are hoping to have a GSAs benefit and take advantage of opportunities at the Mittal Institute, at the same helping guide the program and the institute to be beneficial and interesting for graduate students and young scholars.
How to apply
All application materials should be uploaded and submitted to email@example.com in a PDF. Please only submit complete applications and, if possible, in a single PDF.
Materials to be submitted with your applications include:
- A cover letter requesting affiliation, describing your current research studies and how graduate affiliation with the Mittal Institute will further your interests and objectives as well as how you can get involved with MI. 2 Page Maximum.
- Current CV
- Letter signed by a Harvard faculty member confirming your program and academic standing.
- Note: This is not a formal letter of recommendation, but an acknowledgement from your faculty advisor that you are in good academic standing
- Application Opens: June 1, 2023
- Application Closes: July 7, 2023
- Decisions made by July 30, 2023