Graduate Student Associates
Application Deadline: Friday, February 12, 2021 at 11:59 PM ET
Doctoral degree candidates from all Harvard academic departments and professional schools are eligible to apply.
It is expected that GSAs will be on campus for the entire academic year of their fellowship to actively participate in the program. *Due to COVID-19 restrictions, this requirement has been suspended for the Fall semester until further notice. All meetings will be virtual.
Graduate Student Associate responsibilities include:
- Contribution to the MI community which may include attendance at public or internal events, mentorship of other GSAs, contribution to the academic community, or other methods of interest to GSAs
- Participation in GSA meetings and with research presentations by fellow GSAs
- Contribution to articles and publicity as requested by MI regarding current research and work
- Dissemination of public MI event announcements to academic networks
- Review of student grant applications to LMSAI for internship, research, or language study grants
All application materials should be uploaded and submitted to email@example.com in a PDF. Please only submit complete applications and, if possible, in a single PDF.
Materials to be submitted with your applications include:
- A cover letter requesting affiliation, describing your current research studies and how graduate affiliation with the Mittal Institute will further your interests and objectives as well as how you can get involved with MI
- Current resume or CV
- One letter of recommendation from a faculty member familiar with your work (this can be a simple email and should be sent directly by the faculty member to firstname.lastname@example.org.