In South Asia, the current debate around issues of citizenship has ignited divisions and unrest; however, the roots of these issues stretch back much further. This interdisciplinary panel will explore the post-Partition history of citizenship in the region, legal and constitutional developments, and the issues at play on both sides of recent legislation and counter-movements.
- Sana Aiyar, Associate Professor of History, MIT
- Kalyani Ramnath, Prize Fellow in Economics, History, and Politics, Harvard University
- Sahana Ghosh, Postdoctoral Fellow in International and Public Affairs, Brown University
- Suchitra Vijayan, Founder and Executive Director, The Polis Project
- Rohit De, Associate Professor, Yale University