7:00-8:30 pm IST/ 9:30-11:00 am ET
Register for the talk Stream the talk on YouTube
The webinar is a joint Lancet Citizens’ Commission on Reimagining India’s Health System event with Dvara Research and HBS Health Care Initiative on the role of commercial health insurance in providing better health outcomes and improved financial protection in India. Comparing the experiences in different countries, the panel will discuss whether the integration of insurance and healthcare can solve the issues of information asymmetries in the market, what form would such an integration take, and what should be the regulator’s role. Further, it will explore the question of demand for insurance, what are the lessons for countries such as India from global experiences on commercial insurance, and how can the models be adapted to suit low-income consumers. As a Citizens’ Commission, we invite the public to participate in the discussion, provide input and engage with the panelists.
- Johnathan Gruber, Ford Professor of Economics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Sherry Glied, Dean and Professor of Public Service, Robert F. Wagner Graduate School of Public Service, New York University
- Michael E. Chernew, Leonard D. Schaeffer Professor of Health Care Policy, Harvard Medical School
- Philipa Mladovsky, Assistant Professor in International Development, London School of Economics and Political Science
- Dan Zeltzer, Assistant Professor, Tel Aviv University School of Economics
- Atul Gupta, Assistant Professor of Health Care Management, Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
- Tarun Khanna, Jorge Paulo Lemann Professor, Harvard Business School
The Lancet Citizens’ Commission on Reimagining India’s Health System is an ambitious, cross-sectoral endeavor that aims to lay out a citizens’ roadmap to achieving universal health coverage for the people of India. Our new webinar series is intended to serve as a platform for public health discourse in India, and a means for academics, practitioners and the public to engage on substantive and timely issues regarding universal health coverage in India.
Dvara Research is a policy research institution based in India. Our mission is to ensure that every household and every enterprise has complete access to suitable financial services and social security through a range of channels that enable them to use services securely and confidently.
The HBS Health Care Initiative impacts managerial practice by educating leaders and innovators who aspire to improve value across the health care sector. The Initiative fosters and promotes faculty research, supports the development of a portfolio of high-impact educational programs, and creates an interconnected HBS health care community.