Watch the Talk on YouTube.
The webinar will focus on the impact of the third wave of COVID-19 in India and the short and long-term actions and management needed to address it. The panelists will discuss the actual estimated mortality rates due to COVID in India, the successes and failures in the handling of the pandemic, and the role that technology and genomic surveillance can play in reducing its impact. As a Citizens’ Commission, we invite the public to participate in the discussion, provide input and engage with the panelists.
- Gagandeep Kang, Clinician Scientist and Professor in the Department of Gastrointestinal Sciences, Christian Medical College
- Prabhat Jha, Professor in Disease Control at the Dalla Lana School of Public Health, University of Toronto
- Vijay Chandru, Professor, Interdisciplinary Research, Indian Institute of Science
- Zarir Udwadia, Chest Physician, Hinduja Hospital & Research Center, Breach Candy Hospital, and Parsee General Hospitals
- Vidya Krishnan, Investigative Journalist and Neiman Fellow, Harvard University
Please submit any questions for the panelists here https://bit.ly/32gJO7H
The Lancet Citizens’ Commission on Reimagining India’s Health System is an ambitious, cross-sectoral endeavor that aims to lay out a citizens’ roadmap to achieving universal health coverage for the people of India. Our new webinar series is intended to serve as a platform for public health discourse in India, and a means for academics, practitioners and the public to engage on substantive and timely issues regarding universal health coverage in India.