NO REGISTRATION REQUIRED
9:00–10:30 AM EST // 6:30–8:00 PM IST
Venue: Virtual via Zoom: https://zoom.us/j/97716400365
- Dr. Jennifer Leaning, Professor of the Practice of Health and Human Rights at Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
- Dr. Caroline Buckee, Associate Professor of Epidemiology, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
- Dr. Sheila Jasanoff, Pforzheimer Professor of Science and Technology Studies, Harvard Kennedy School
- Dr. Victoria D’Souza, Professor of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University
This panel will provide a deeper understanding of the science behind the COVID-19 virus. Panelists will explore the place of science in the COVID-19 response, as well as transmission of the virus throughout South Asia using mobile network data.
- Civilization and madness: The great BSE scare of 1996, Sheila Jasanoff
- No funeral bells: Public reason in a “post-truth” age, Sheila Jasanoff and Hilton R. Simmet
- Judgment under siege: The three-body problem of expert legitimacy, Sheila Jasanoff
Please note that there will be a maximum attendance capacity to the above Zoom session. A link to the session will be provided on our website, social media platforms, and to our mailing list the day prior to the event.