Pakistan In-Region Fellowship
The Lakshmi Mittal and Family South Asia Institute (LMSAI), an office of Harvard Global Research Support Centre India (HGI), is pleased to offer the Pakistan In-Region Research Fellowship Program for Junior University Faculty members in Pakistan. As a fellow, scholars will have the opportunity to avail Harvard’s vast resources to contribute to self-driven, independent research.
We particularly encourage applications from faculty interested in the following research areas: Partition, Neuroscience, Law and Archives & Historic Materials from South Asia. Applicants from these areas are more likely to be accepted, provided their research is focused on, or connected with, Pakistan.
The Pakistan In-Region Fellowship is meant for Junior Faculty members who have worked at reputable universities across Pakistan. Scholars who have not had past opportunities to access Harvard’s resources and who have primarily been educated at institutions in South Asia will be given priority.
Research Fellows are expected to reside in Pakistan for the fellowship duration of one academic year. Fellows will be mentored by a Harvard faculty member in their area of research and the research produced will be widely disseminated for public benefit.
Please stay tuned for more information about applications in the upcoming year.
- Set up a HarvardKey to access Harvard’s application portal. It may take a few hours for your new HarvardKey to become active.
- Fill out the Online Application Form.
- Upload a five-page, double-spaced research plan to the Online Application Form.
- Upload an updated curriculum vitae, which lists your academic degrees (including disciplines and the dates the degrees were received), your publications and research presentations, and any previous grants and/or fellowships to the Online Application Form.
- Upload a writing sample (no more than ten pages, double-spaced) to the Online Application Form.
- Two letters of recommendation should be uploaded directly into CARAT by recommenders. If they are unable to, please have them send the letters to firstname.lastname@example.org by the application deadline, with “Mittal Institute Fellowship Recommendation” and the applicant’s name in the subject line
Please note: incomplete applications will not be considered. Do not write directly to Harvard faculty regarding The Mittal Institute’s Fellowship opportunities. If you have questions, please consult our Frequently Asked Questions page or email Danielle Wallner, Programs and Administrative Coordinator, at email@example.com