Watch the talk on YouTube
The webinar is a joint Lancet Citizens’ Commission on Reimagining India’s Health System event with Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU) and Dr D Y Patil Vidyapeeth (DPU). The webinar will focus on the potential of and approach to Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, Sowa Rigpa and Homeopathy (AYUSH) systems for public health in India. The panelists will discuss the role of, and challenges related to utilising, the AYUSH systems to attain universal health coverage in India. As a Citizens’ Commission, we invite the public to participate in the discussion, provide input and engage with the panelists.
- Professor Darshan Shankar, Vice Chancellor, The University of Trans Disciplinary Health Sciences and Technology
- Emeritus Professor John Porter, Professor of International Health, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Professor Leena Abraham, Professor, Centre for Studies in Sociology of Education, Tata Institute of Social Sciences
- Dr Geetha Krishnan, Technical Officer, Traditional, Complementary, and Integrative Medicine (TCIM) Unit, World Health Organisation
- Professor Bhushan Patwardhan, Distinguished Professor, Interdisciplinary School of Health Sciences, Savitribai Phule Pune University
- Dr Sarika Chaturvedi, Scientist, Dr D Y Patil Vidyapeeth
The Lancet Citizens’ Commission on Reimagining India’s Health System is an ambitious, cross-sectoral endeavor that aims to lay out a citizens’ roadmap to achieving universal health coverage for the people of India. Our new webinar series is intended to serve as a platform for public health discourse in India, and a means for academics, practitioners and the public to engage on substantive and timely issues regarding universal health coverage in India.
The Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU) is a top ranked state University in India. AYUSH Centre of Excellence at Interdisciplinary School of Health Sciences, SPPU is engaged in research capacity building and scientific exploration of AYUSH systems.
Dr. D Y Patil Vidyapeeth in Pune, India is engaged in generating human resources for health with its professional education programs in biomedicine, complementary medicine, paramedical sciences and life sciences. Equipped with its state of the art infrastructure for interdisciplinary research and committed faculty, the DPU endeavours to make socially relevant contributions to improve human health.