The Mittal Institute team is excited to announce our upcoming Spring Webinar Series! Through webinars that can be accessed around the world via Zoom, we’ll be bringing Harvard faculty and in-region experts into your homes to speak about the latest developments and potential impacts of COVID-19 in South Asia.
The day before each event, a Zoom link will be sent out via email (so be sure to subscribe to our mailing list), added to this page, and posted on our social media platforms (follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn!).
You can find information about our upcoming webinars below. Details will be updated here and on our social media platforms periodically — so continue to check back for more information. Additional topics will be announced in the coming weeks!
NO REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED FOR THESE EVENTS.
— — — — — — — — — —
The Response to COVID-19 in South Asia
April 17, 2020, 9:00 – 10:30 AM EST / 6:30 – 8:00 PM IST
Moderator: Dr. Vikram Patel, Pershing Square Professor of Global Health, Harvard Medical School
- Dr. Richard Cash, Senior Lecturer on Global Health, Department of Global Health and Population, Harvard University T.H. Chan School of Public Health
- Dr. Sabina Faiz Rashid, Dean and Professor, BRAC James P. Grant School of Public Health, BRAC University
- Dr. Shamika Ravi, Senior Fellow of the Governance Studies Program, Brookings Institution
- Dr. Srinath Reddy, President, Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI)
What has been the impact of the policy response to COVID-19 on the ground in South Asia? Were these policies proportionate and appropriate? What consequences might they have? This panel will offer an overview of the varied in-region responses to the virus and their impact on the health system and social sector.
— — — — — — — — — —
The Science Behind COVID-19
April 24, 2020, 9:00 – 10:30 AM EST / 6:30 – 8:00 PM IST
Moderator: Dr. Jennifer Leaning, Professor of the Practice of Health and Human Rights at Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
- Dr. Caroline Buckee, Associate Professor of Epidemiology, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
- Dr. Sheila Jasanoff, Pforzheimer Professor of Science and Technology Studies, Harvard Kennedy School
- Dr. Victoria D’Souza, Professor of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University