The Mittal Institute, with the support of the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health and the Lancet Citizens’ Commission on Reimagining India’s Health System, organized a series of panel discussions by leading scientists and frontline clinicians on the latest evidence-based updates for COVID-19 care. Our goal through these talks is to assist with the management of COVID-19 and improvement of health outcomes in South Asia. View the videos from all three sessions below.
Part 1: Oxygenation and Ventilation: At home and in the hospital
This session shared the latest updates on protocols for oxygenation and ventilation in COVID-19 patients, contextualized for resource-limited and rural environments.
Rajani Surendar Bhat, Consultant Physician and Pulmonologist, BoardofDoctors.com
- Paul Sonenthal, Associate Director for Inpatient Medicine and Critical Care, Partners In Health; Pulmonary and Critical Care Physician, Brigham & Women’s Hospital
- Richa Gupta, Professor and Head of the Department of Respiratory Medicine, Christian Medical College Hospital, Vellore
Part 2: High Value Therapeutics
This session focused on high value therapeutics for COVID-19 patients, including the latest evidence-based reasoning for their use and impact.
Amita Sudhir, Associate Professor of Emergency Medicine, University of Virginia School of Medicine
- Priya Nori, Associate Professor of Medicine & Orthopedic Surgery, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Rajesh T. Gandhi, Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School
- Shitij Arora, Associate Professor in Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Part 3: Tests and Vaccines
This session discussed the various vaccines, how they work and their efficacy, as well as what we know and what we don’t know. Additionally, the panelists detailed what types of tests are now available in South Asia and the role of each for either clinical or population health.
Manoj Mohanan, Associate Professor, Sanford School of Public Policy, Duke University
- Anu Acharya, Founder and CEO, Mapmygenome
- Priya Sampathkumar, Consultant, Division of Infectious Diseases, Mayo Clinic; Associate Professor, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
- Rebecca Kahn, Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Center for Communicable Disease Dynamics, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health