The Harvard South Asia Institute is pleased to offer the Aman Fellowship to support recent PhDs, those in the final stages of their PhDs, and advanced professional degree holders in areas related to Pakistan, particularly areas of science and development.
Priority will be given to candidates who demonstrate prior educational history that has taken place largely in Pakistan, and plan to return to Pakistan upon completion of the fellowship.
Fellows are expected to reside in the Cambridge vicinity during the time of their award and to actively participate in the events and intellectual life of the Institute. Fellows are expected to contribute to the greater Harvard community by teaching, mentoring, or advising students.
Total stipend for one term: $20,000
Health insurance up to $5,000 and round trip economy travel expenses to from South Asia to Boston will also be provided (for participants residing in South Asia only).
Deadline: September 1, 2016 for Spring Term 2017
SAI aims to notify applicants by early November regarding decisions.
- Visit and fill out the Online Application Form.
- Fill out and upload the SAI Fellowship Cover Sheet to the Online Application Form.
- Upload a five-page double spaced plan of research to the Online Application Form.
- Upload an updated curriculum vitae which lists your academic degrees, disciplines, dates the degrees were received, your publications, and research presentations, and previous grants and fellowships to the Online Application Form.
- Upload a writing sample (i.e. one dissertation chapter) to the Online Application Form.
- Two letters of reference should be emailed or mailed directly to Diana Nguyen email@example.com by the deadline.
Please note incomplete applications will not be considered.\
Harvard South Asia Institute
Attn: Aman Fellowship
CGIS South Building, 4th Floor
1730 Cambridge Street
Cambridge, MA 02138
Please note: Do not write directly to Harvard faculty regarding SAI’s Fellowship opportunities. If you have questions, please consult our Frequently Asked Questions guide or email Program Coordinator, Diana Nguyen, firstname.lastname@example.org.