We are deeply saddened to hear of the passing of Mr. Purandar Das, a long-time supporter and one of the founding members of the South Asia Institute at Harvard. Mr. Das was thoroughly committed to advancing South Asia- related research at Harvard, as well as several educational initiatives worldwide. He was essential to the creation and development of the recently renamed, The Lakshmi Mittal and Family South Asia Institute, Harvard University. We are eternally grateful for the guidance and support he provided us. We convey our sincere condolences to Mrs. Das and their family and wish for strength to cope with the loss.
- Calling All Harvard Photographers! Submit Pictures to the LMSAI Photo Contest
- On Greening Underserved Communities in Mumbai: Arshaya Sood GSD’23
- India Fellow Annie Rachel Royson on Using Literary Translation to Study South Asian Culture
- India Conference at Harvard on February 11-12 Celebrates 20th Year
- Protected: Meet the LMSAI Spring 2023 Visiting Artist Fellows in Residence
ambassador art arts corporate social responsibility development disaster management Dominic Mao education entrepreneurship funding gender gender violence global health grants harvard history humanities identity india intern internship internships job opportunities kumbh mela language study Livelihood Creation Manipur mariam chughtai mobile technology neuroscience pakistan Partition politics public health religion science and technology social enterprise social science South Asia students student voices urbanism urbanization water young entrepreneurs