We are deeply saddened to hear of the passing of Mr. Purandar Das, a long-time supporter and one of the founding members of the South Asia Institute at Harvard. Mr. Das was thoroughly committed to advancing South Asia- related research at Harvard, as well as several educational initiatives worldwide. He was essential to the creation and development of the recently renamed, The Lakshmi Mittal and Family South Asia Institute, Harvard University. We are eternally grateful for the guidance and support he provided us. We convey our sincere condolences to Mrs. Das and their family and wish for strength to cope with the loss.
- NEW! Policy Brief: Climate Change in South Asia: Requisites for a Sustainable Future
- LMSAI’s Winter Reading Recommendations
- From a Changing Climate to Advancing Human Rights, a Look Back at LMSAI’s Top Events of 2023
- An Ode to the Friday Tea, a Beloved Harvard Tradition
- Intensive Hindi Study Trip to India
art arts corporate social responsibility development disaster management education entrepreneurship funding gender gender violence global health grants harvard history humanities identity india intern internship internships job opportunities kumbh mela language study Livelihood Creation Manipur mariam chughtai mobile technology neuroscience open positions pakistan Partition politics public health religion science and technology social enterprise social science South Asia students student voices urbanism urbanization water work with us young entrepreneurs