The Mittal Institute’s paid internships with the Communications team give students the opportunity to receive training in multimedia, publicity, social media management, writing, and editing. The successful candidate will learn how to manage multimedia projects, help conduct and edit interviews, and assist with social media outreach.
The Communications team focuses on maximizing the presence of the Mittal Institute in print and online media outlets and promotes the Mittal Institute’s events, programs, research, and partnerships. Our interns have the chance to interact with experts, scholars, and faculty in a variety of interdisciplinary fields.
This is a paid internship for the Fall 2019 semester that requires a part-time commitment of 8–12 hours per week, or more if desired.
- Assist with the planning, creation, and editing of multimedia content, including articles, interviews, videos, maps, timelines, quizzes, and podcasts.
- Brainstorm new modes of publicity and outreach to connect with Harvard students.
- Post to the Mittal Institute’s social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Various communications tasks, including newsletter planning, article writing and editing, and outreach.
- Current undergraduate or graduate student at Harvard University
- Adobe Creative Cloud experience preferred
- Audio and/or video editing experience preferred
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience in social media management
About the Mittal Institute
The Mittal Institute engages in interdisciplinary research to advance and deepen the understanding of critical issues in South Asia and the region’s relationship with the world. It holds regular events on issues relating to South Asia; offers fellowships and grants to further the study of the South Asian region; produces research and programs on social, economic, scientific, and political issues in South Asia; and much more.
Please send a resume and writing sample to Alex Gilliard at firstname.lastname@example.org.